How to get Single Status or Unmarried Certificate in Bangladesh

To prove your marital status single/unmarried you may need Unmarried certificate or Single Status Certificate.

How to get Unmarried Certificate in Bangladesh:

Authority: District Commissioner (DC) has the authority to issue an unmarried certificate.  To get an unmarried certificate, necessary documents have to be submitted in the DC office with an application.

Necessary Documents:

1. An Affidavit has been sworn by either of the parents (father or mother )and also notarized by Notary Public.

2. Photos of the parent who sworn the affidavit.

3. Photos, all educational certificates, National ID or Passport of the person who wants  an Unmarried/Single Status certificate.


i) After making the affidavit and with all the instruments mentioned above an application have to be submitted to the DC office.

ii) DC office will issue a letter to Special Branch (SB) for police verification. SB office will issue a report to the DC office and then the DC office will issue the Unmarried/Single-Status Certificate based on the report.

Fee: government Fee: BDT 750 (Seven Hundred and Fifty Taka only). But for all the procedure official cost reaches more than 30,000 Taka.

Duration: 1 to 2 Months.

Mega World News Facebook Twitter Myspace Friendfeed Technorati Digg Google Yahoo Buzz StumbleUpon Eli Pets

Comments are closed.

Contact Us

Call Us0088-01755991488, 01675623096

*House : 21/A, Road : 16, Sector : 4 , Uttara, Dhaka-1230, Bangladesh.

*Hasna Hena Cottage, Room : 3/B (2nd Flr.), Agorbati Goli, 37/1 Court House Street, Kotwali, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Web: Law Thinkers